Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Great Cornbread Recipe

I've been searching for the perfect cornbread recipe for the last couple of years. After years of trying multiple recipes that were either too dry, flavour-less, or too dense - I stumbled upon this recipe. I can't remember where I found the recipe but as soon as I find it, I'll make sure and give them credit. This recipes bakes up light and fluffy almost cake like and I really like that texture. It's the type of cornbread that you can eat with a chilli or, just with some butter and a nice cup of tea.

As with every recipe that I try, I put my own spin on it and am constantly modifying the ingredients to  take the recipe to the next level recipe to the next level. I've decided to share the basic recipe with you but will update this as as I keep tweaking to make it even better

Enjoy and comment!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of cornmeal
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square plan.

Melt butter in a large skillet. Remove from hear and stir in sugar. Quickly add in eggs and beat until well blended. Stir in cornmeal, flour and salt until well blended with very few lumps remaining.

Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 mins or until the toothpick in the center comes out clean.

Serves between 6 - 8
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
Difficulty level: Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment